I am Precious and my horse's name is Pretty Boy. Those are our barn names. That is what we get called on an everyday basis. I am a Paint horse and my paper name is Skippers Precious. My Pretty Boy is a Red Roan Appaloosa horse who's paper name is Trouper. Anywho........I tell the house mouse about our life and what happens out here on the farm and in my big red barn so she can tell you. Well now you know so on with the stories.................

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Got myself in trouble

I got myself in big trouble but it was worth it! The human man caught me inside the barn with my head in the feed barrel yesterday afternoon. I'm lucky it was him and not the human girl. He came in the barn and was very surprised to see me in there. He opened the big front door and told me I had to get out then he went to tell on me. I tried to stand in his way because I knew what he was going to do but he told me 'Go on now' so I had to. After I thought about it for a minute I decided it would be best it I went way way away before he found the human girl and told her what I had been caught doing.

Sure enough he told on me and sure enough she was not happy with me. Oh but that feed was soooooo good!! My horse, The Pretty Boy, didn't go inside with me so when the human girl found the door pulled loose I was the only one to blame. Then she saw where I had eaten a lot of my boys special feed and then split the rest of it. And then she opened the feed barrel to see how much I had eaten. Apparently that was important.

My horse got to have some feed because he was still in the barn behaving himself. When I saw him getting some food I went to get me some. Boy was that a bad idea. The human girl explained to me how I wasn't going to get any and how I wasn't supposed to have gone inside the barn and how I had made a mess she had to clean up and by golly I best just get myself out in that pasture and start walking it off if I knew what was good for me. So I did. I walked clear across the pasture to the other side of my pond since I am not a stupid horse.

The human man kept coming out looking for me the rest of the day right up to dark thirty. I would hear him say 'She's still standing and eating grass!'. Since that seemed to make him happy I kept doing it.

Someone should remind me that just because a door or a gate gets left open doesn't mean that I am supposed to go where I know I am not supposed to go.

No comments: