I am Precious and my horse's name is Pretty Boy. Those are our barn names. That is what we get called on an everyday basis. I am a Paint horse and my paper name is Skippers Precious. My Pretty Boy is a Red Roan Appaloosa horse who's paper name is Trouper. Anywho........I tell the house mouse about our life and what happens out here on the farm and in my big red barn so she can tell you. Well now you know so on with the stories.................

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A story by the human girl

Hi! I'm sure Precious will have her own version of the morning she had but I get to go first because she is over chatting it up with her friends over the West fence.

Levi and Layni got here about 6 or so this morning. You remember them. They used to live across the road and sing to us every morning before they moved off to live in town.

Such good horse's and such tiny children. They are 3 and 5 now but don't weigh more than a feather even though they are as tall as 5 and 7 year olds.

Before 8 we had already been out gathering cataba worms and rode the horses.

I put a lead rope on the boy and rode them in circles doubled up. Then they picked 'their' horses and wanted to be on them at the same time.
'But Precious doesn't have on a halter so no rope.' 'so' 'so she will
oh well fine I'll throw you up there' Levi got on his horse that has
been his horse for years he says and Layni got on her pretty boy. She
wanted to know his name. Pretty Boy. 'Oh I knew that!' Precious
started backing up. Levi was laid back on her back looking at the
clouds. He said whoa whoa whoa and she did, just long enough for him
to sit up. He said 'what is she doing that for?' 'maybe trying to back out from under you grab some hair and bale off'.' 'can I do that?' 'we won't
know till you try'. Layni was starting to get nervous. 'I want off I
want off!' 'I can't be in two places at once he isn't moving so don't
you move'. 'OK' whew.

Such precious children.

No comments: