I am Precious and my horse's name is Pretty Boy. Those are our barn names. That is what we get called on an everyday basis. I am a Paint horse and my paper name is Skippers Precious. My Pretty Boy is a Red Roan Appaloosa horse who's paper name is Trouper. Anywho........I tell the house mouse about our life and what happens out here on the farm and in my big red barn so she can tell you. Well now you know so on with the stories.................

Friday, September 12, 2008

Settle back and let me tell you a story

It was another quiet morning here on the farm. Getting ready for
hurricane Ike was all done. The human girl was in the big house we
were in our pasture when Randall pulled in. My Pretty Boy likes
Randall so he sort of went over to him. Then the human girl came out
and put a rope on him and started leading him. She didn't want him to
have to turn on his bad foot so she walked him out a ways and then
turned him. She was standing in the wrong place at the wrong time and
got the side of her foot stepped on. Since she had not taken the time
to put on proper work boots it was pretty much just horse hoof to
jeans contact down her ankle and foot. 'OH YOU ARE ON MY
FOOOOOOTTTTT!!!!' she pushed him off. You see us horses step on uneven
stuff all the time so we don't know it when we step on something we
shouldn't oughta be stepping on tell someone tells us. She took my
horse on over to where Randall was ready to work on his hooves and she
was saying some very colorful words while she was doing it to. A
little later she pulled her jeans leg up and looked to see what had
been done. 'Oh it's already turning purple!' she said. Randall looked
surprised 'It's turning purple?' To which she said 'Yes. What color
did you think it would turn after the horse stepped on it?!!!' He
laughed but it wasn't like a good belly hahaha laugh it was more like
a 'oh my' laugh.

So Randall got done doing my horse's hooves for him and said how nice
he looked then it was my turn. I don't wear a halter so the human girl
just put a rope around my neck. Randall was back there on my third to
last leg when I bit her. 'OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!' Randall said 'Did she
bite you I heard her lips smack.' 'Well she tried to but I think she
might have been biting at a fly she wouldn't bite me.' the human girl
said. And then Randall sort of snorted and said 'No she was biting you
for sure. She wanted to sit down on me and I would let her so she bit
you since she couldn't reach me.' My human girl told me that was just
rude and I should do that anymore and I probably won't but I could so
I make no promises.

Then we both, me and my horse, had pretty hooves and the two humans
were standing talking. My horse got real happy for some reason and did
a happy dance even. We figure what ever Randall did to that bad foot
made it feel a whole lot better because he was one happy dancing
horse. The human girl said she might have enjoyed it more if she
hadn't been right in the dang middle of it when the danceing started.
But I know she was happy to see my horse feeling good. I laid my head
on Randall to Thank him for being so good to us and then he said he
had to go on down the road.

Now we have pretty feet and a hurricane is coming. Well isn't that special.

No comments: