I am Precious and my horse's name is Pretty Boy. Those are our barn names. That is what we get called on an everyday basis. I am a Paint horse and my paper name is Skippers Precious. My Pretty Boy is a Red Roan Appaloosa horse who's paper name is Trouper. Anywho........I tell the house mouse about our life and what happens out here on the farm and in my big red barn so she can tell you. Well now you know so on with the stories.................

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Springing into Spring

Here it is just the day after Valentines Day and spring is springing all over the place! We have tender young green grass sprouting up that is just yummy to the tummy! And flowers. Well you all know how much I like flowers so you can imagine how wonderful I think it is that the Daffodils are getting an early start. Those Paper Whites flowers are not my favorite and they have been blooming here and there for at least a month maybe more. Those things will fool you with their pretty white flowers. You think to yourself that since they look so nice that they smell nice too. But I do not think so. Nope. I think NOT! And it's not just me. The girl in the big house every year gets one of those stalks of Paper White flowers and takes it into the house. Pretty much could set your watch, if you had one, to about 30 minutes. That is about how long it takes her to remember that she really really really doesn't care for the smell of those flowers no matter how pretty they are they cannot stay in the house any longer. She brings them back out and sets them on the table outside the front door way way away from the front door shaking her head the whole time mumbling 'why don't I remember....'. It's pretty funny to watch.

We had some rain off and on yesterday all day and it was pretty chilly so I didn't so swimming. Oh yes I have already been swimming this year. My horse, the Pretty Boy, says I don't really swim. He says what I do is more like SPLASH SPLASH SPLASH ROLL. Oh well whatever it is called I love to do it and I sort of like to see the look on the humans faces when they see me standing out here covered in mud everywhere but my ears. HA HAHAHA! Maybe next week it will be warm enough again for me to SPLASH SPLASH SPLASH ROLL!!!

I need to get out of here and go see where my horse went. He doesn't ever go too far from me but right now I can't see him so I gotta goooooo........

No comments: