I am Precious and my horse's name is Pretty Boy. Those are our barn names. That is what we get called on an everyday basis. I am a Paint horse and my paper name is Skippers Precious. My Pretty Boy is a Red Roan Appaloosa horse who's paper name is Trouper. Anywho........I tell the house mouse about our life and what happens out here on the farm and in my big red barn so she can tell you. Well now you know so on with the stories.................

Monday, February 2, 2009

Remember my horse The Pretty Boy?

Do you remember my horse, The Pretty Boy? That's him in the picture up there with me. Well I just wanted to let you know that he is growing a pretty nice looking hoof. Yep. Probably has nearly two inches, although me being a horse I'm exactly sure how much two inches is, of very nice solid hoof. He has more hoof than just that much but that much of it has grown in looking like it is all one part of the rest of it. That is really really great news so you be sure and tell everyone about it!

See my human girl started taking care of him like she thought was best. She said that soaking his foot twice a day for till the water went cool day after day was just making that hoof too soft and causing a stinky situation so she quit doing that. She started giving him antibiotics in his feed every day and only if it looks like it really really needs it does she soak his foot. She says she wishes she had been told about that sheep antibiotic crumbles a year sooner. She is a great believer in addressing the cause. She says if you fix the leaky toilet you don't have to keep mopping. Sometimes she says things I really don't understand but it seems to make sense to her.

And the other day she was talking to some men and told them that my horse and I are 'Yard Ornaments'. Yes we are and very nice ones at that. We are the kind of yard ornament that you sit on any time you want to rest your feet. You don't have to go anywhere or do anything but sit. We are fine with that. We will let you sit as long as you want usually. Sometimes you might have to lean back some because we might want to start grazing if you sit a really long time. But if you don't mind that please continue to sit. Our backs we have heard are good for the heart of a man and much more comfortable than those metal chairs over there under that tree.

Also my girl got a new truck. It used to belong to a man that is real nice and since I forget to remember sometimes I don't know who it is pulling in up there at the main gate. Me and my horse, The Pretty Boy, don't even go to see until whoever it is gets out of the truck.

It's the second day of February and there is already planting going on in the garden. I guess it will be not a long time now till the cows start having their calves so I will have a job to do. Probably one of my most favorite things to do is babysit those new calves. I think I will go out there to my back fence right now and see if there are any out there yet.

No comments: