I am Precious and my horse's name is Pretty Boy. Those are our barn names. That is what we get called on an everyday basis. I am a Paint horse and my paper name is Skippers Precious. My Pretty Boy is a Red Roan Appaloosa horse who's paper name is Trouper. Anywho........I tell the house mouse about our life and what happens out here on the farm and in my big red barn so she can tell you. Well now you know so on with the stories.................

Monday, November 30, 2009

Tree Frog

The little tree frog who lives in the little house in the ivy plant
hanging basket did not move out for the winter. He came in to the sun room with the ivy plant. We did not know that for about a week when I walked by and saw him peeking over the side of the pot. I was hoping since he was at dirt level he had decided to dig in for the winter. Took him and his plant outside and gave the ivy a good drink of water. I put a spray paint cap in the old bird nest in the center of the ivy plant for him a water bowl. Then I brought him and his plant back into the sun room.

Oh yes it is a multi family housing ivy plant. It has the little wooden house on a stick for the tree frog and in the center is a small bird nest that gets reused every year. Please don't anyone tell me about bugs living in bird nests.

Now back to the Tree Frog:

He spoke to me yesterday so I put him outside. I thought he said "FEED ME FEED ME" but probably in frog language he said 'There is a BIG storm coming batten down the hatches!' too bad for him I don't speak frog.

Boy you should have seen that hanging basket blowing in the raging wind and rain. Bet he's not a happy camper after living his life up to that point on the sheltered front porch or in the sun room. He got a big ole slap in the face of real life!!!!!!!! Poor little thing. I hope he's decided to hibernate.

I walked by the back side of the ivy plant this morning so I don't know if froggy is mad at me or not. Did I tell you the big girl from across the road pets him? Yes she does. She is well over six feet tall walks up to that little house and pets the frog. Rubs him on top of his head and scratches him under his chin. I do not do that.

I do not want him in my house awake all winter either. I don't mind if they burrow into the soil of the potted plants and stay hidden from me but I do not want to see them. In the spring the first one that makes a noise gets all the plants put outside.

We have a friend who brought two tree frogs in with his potted plants last year and he found them in different places all over his house all winter. I would not like that. I would not like to walk into the bathroom and there be a frog sitting on the mirror. Or go to the laundry room and find one sitting on the cabinet above the washer. He said he never knew where they would be because you know they have little suction cup feet. They could be beside you above you below you they could be anywhere they wanted to be which just would be not a good thing in the house all winter. Not a good thing in the sun room either. Yep not even in one room do I want a Tree Frog to be looking at me all winter. Or talking to me for sure till learn tree frog language.

No comments: