I am Precious and my horse's name is Pretty Boy. Those are our barn names. That is what we get called on an everyday basis. I am a Paint horse and my paper name is Skippers Precious. My Pretty Boy is a Red Roan Appaloosa horse who's paper name is Trouper. Anywho........I tell the house mouse about our life and what happens out here on the farm and in my big red barn so she can tell you. Well now you know so on with the stories.................

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Boy that was a close one

This time I didn't line up with my horse The Pretty Boy. I don't really know why I didn't but I didn't. I actually walked way over there watching from a distance. You know it has become my habit to line up with him on his left side just in case someone wants to ride me or pet me or brush me or tend to me in some special way.

But not today. Today I watched. And a good thing too because here came that human girl with a rope. oh Something was up for sure. She got hold of my horse and talked to him real nice and quiet. I started to think I was very happy I was standing way out there watching.

She walked my horse, The Pretty Boy, into the barn. I wanted to walk over and see what was going on but I also didn't want to walk over and see what was going on. I knew it wasn't that he was just going to get his bad foot soaked something else was up I could almost smell it in the air.

And then I couldn't stand there anymore not being able to see what was going on. Maybe he was getting a bath, or a brushing or maybe even getting his hooves painted. Maybe she was giving him a carrot!!! Oh I HAVE to go see I just HAVE TO.

About the time I got where I could see but not too close in case she decided she was going to catch me up too I saw what was going on. My horse was not happy. It is worming day and he was getting pasted. Oh I feel sorry for him because that is a small container not the big one that tastes and smells like green apples. Pooor big boy. But he only pulled his head up one time. Then he took his medicine right in his mouth no bother at all. What a good horse I have huh!

Me? I don't get that paste wormer stuff. No way no how. I get mine mixed in my feed. It's pellets and I don't even know I have been given wormer till someone tells me.

That's the kind my horse usually gets too but this time he got that different stuff. I guess that is because he is special since he is my horse and a very good boy indeed.

We are good to go for another six weeks if you want to come ride us!

No comments: