I am Precious and my horse's name is Pretty Boy. Those are our barn names. That is what we get called on an everyday basis. I am a Paint horse and my paper name is Skippers Precious. My Pretty Boy is a Red Roan Appaloosa horse who's paper name is Trouper. Anywho........I tell the house mouse about our life and what happens out here on the farm and in my big red barn so she can tell you. Well now you know so on with the stories.................

Friday, November 21, 2008

My Pretty Boy is a 'minder'

My Pretty Boy is a 'minder' he does what he is told to do when he is told to do it pretty much all the time. Oh he has his moments but he just givens in too easy I think. If she tells him 'I'm not playing with you.' he will stop whatever it is he doing. Not me, No not me. I'm Precious. That means I'm special. If she tells me 'I'm not playing with you' I hear 'Do that about three more times then stop.' The most my horse the Pretty Boy does is snort.

Now his snorting can be very very serious but it is just a snort. And he has been known to throw his head up and down too but not often. I don't do that. That would make me dizzy I think. Not to mention he does it when he has a halter and rope on so he could get hurt if he's not careful banging himself with that rope hookup. No I don't throw my head. I have tried snorting like he does a couple of times but I'm not very good at it. And after the last time I don't think I will do it again.

The human girl came out to get me to take me into my big red barn so she could give me some medicine for my runny nose. She put a halter on me and hooked on a lead rope and that's when it happened before I even knew it was going to happen. I sneezed. It was good for me but not so good for my human girl who just happened to be standing in front of me telling me how pretty I looked with my halter on. She never said anything after I accidently sneezed on her. She just took hold of my rope and walked me to the barn then she gave me my medicine and took the rope off of me. I put him head down so she could take my halter off but she said no she was going to leave it on till after she had a shower with water this time. She didn't look very happy.

But back to my horse the Pretty Boy. He is having hoof issues the last couple of days. I don't know why since we were doing so well I thought but anyway his ankle swelled up and he had to soak in a bucket of warm epsom salt water. He didn't want to. She said he had to. But he wasn't sure about that. He let her put his foot in the bucket then he took it right out. She said 'you are going to put your foot in that bucket so you might as well do it now.' So he did. But he threw his head up and down to show he wasn't happy about it. She told him You stop that. You don't need to be doing that. That's enough of that. So he stopped doing it. And he just stood there. I stood beside him for awhile and then I walked away. He wanted to come with me but then he remember he had been told to stay where he was so he did because he's a 'minder'.

Pretty Boy go that way and my Pretty Boy will go that way. The little girl was riding him and wanted to ride him all by herself. Ok you ride him by yourself. I was walking behind them so I am the only that saw the human girl telling my Pretty Boy which way she wanted him to go my moving her hand.

Yes My Pretty Boy is a very good 'Minder'.

No comments: