I am Precious and my horse's name is Pretty Boy. Those are our barn names. That is what we get called on an everyday basis. I am a Paint horse and my paper name is Skippers Precious. My Pretty Boy is a Red Roan Appaloosa horse who's paper name is Trouper. Anywho........I tell the house mouse about our life and what happens out here on the farm and in my big red barn so she can tell you. Well now you know so on with the stories.................

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

mosquitoes

Mosquitoes are biting me! They are biting me all over me. Not so much the last couple of days since the weather has been cooler but before then and a lot! The bites on my sides are the worst because they are easy for me to scratch on a tree. The human girl put some of my horse's, Pretty Boy, medicine on my one side for a couple of days. She uses hydrogen peroxide on him sometimes. Now she is putting antiseptic mouth wash on me because I have scratched a couple of my mosquito bites into sores. Oh yes they itch that bad. Well not really that bad but it is just easy to scratch them like I said before. She sprays me all over with fly spray after she treats individual spots on me and then sometimes later after that she sprays me down with the mouthwash. I don't even know what I smell like anymore but I know it's not a horse!

Speaking of not a horse. Am I the only one that saw that Ostrich the other day? That was one funny looking animal and I do not know what it was doing on the other side of my fence. I know those people over there and they do not have any big birds like that. They just have our road dog Pansy. Well I saw an ostrich over there the other day I know I did. It was walking away from my fence towards that fake deer they have standing out there behind their house for some reason I do not know. And why do they have that fake deer? Fake deers, ostrich's, elephants all seen in the last few weeks.

Maybe it is because the weather is changing. It will be winter soon or at least Fall. The leaves are falling off the trees but not because of cold weather. No they are falling off because it hasn't rained in a while now. It rained a lot that first hurricane but not so much that one called IKE. The wind IKE brought with it was too strong for the rain to hit the ground here it was hitting the ground way way over there instead. So the leaves are not turning pretty fall colors they are just turning brown and falling off the trees.

Speaking of trees..........That human girl put the twiggy part of the ends of the downed tree branches all around my nut tree. I didn't know why so I stood there beside her till she told me. She says that the whole top of that tree is still sort of attached up there at the top and it could and will fall one of these days. She says she doesn't want me to be standing under it enjoying the shade when that happens. OK fine I will find me a new favorite shade tree to stand under or maybe I will just stand right where I am till the shade comes to me. Yes that sounds like a plan. I will just stand here till the sun moves enough so that the shade from my favorite nut shade tree gets to me.

No comments: