I am Precious and my horse's name is Pretty Boy. Those are our barn names. That is what we get called on an everyday basis. I am a Paint horse and my paper name is Skippers Precious. My Pretty Boy is a Red Roan Appaloosa horse who's paper name is Trouper. Anywho........I tell the house mouse about our life and what happens out here on the farm and in my big red barn so she can tell you. Well now you know so on with the stories.................

Monday, December 26, 2011

dry spell appears to be over

 Dry Spell Appears to be Over for Now

Hi! it's me Precious the House Mouse quit talking a while back we don't know why.

After about a year of no rain it has been raining or drizzling or misting for about a week now. The pond isn't full maybe about halfway is all but that's ok it's wet. Been a long time since we have been wet. Won't make up the twenty inches we are short for the year but it's wet and we are grateful.

Before the summer was even half done we had no water in our pond and no green grass to eat. What a summer that was. It is very nice to eating green grass now about five days before the New Year begins. Things are backwards but nothing we can't deal with.

We adapt. We watched until all that was left was Wisteria and Poison Ivy but we didn't miss a step. We ate feed and hay. Oh my HAY!!! The hay was gone from around here by September. Lucky we have the House Mouse taking care of us and she had some stored in the barn. Our Man said 'Don't ya'll worry I won't let you go without.' We have a good life.

The House Mouse came home one day with a large round bale of hay in the back of her truck for us. You know that face I make when she worms me? THAT is the face I made when I tasted that hay in the back of her truck. "What IS THAT? That's not hay. EEEWWWWW". It is rice grass hay.

This just in from down at Squatamala 'Flash' cut a back leg on some hog wire. He has been bandaged and got a shot. He's standing up eating and got put in his own little pen for a now.

No comments: