I am Precious and my horse's name is Pretty Boy. Those are our barn names. That is what we get called on an everyday basis. I am a Paint horse and my paper name is Skippers Precious. My Pretty Boy is a Red Roan Appaloosa horse who's paper name is Trouper. Anywho........I tell the house mouse about our life and what happens out here on the farm and in my big red barn so she can tell you. Well now you know so on with the stories.................

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A kitchen sink in my barn

There is a kitchen sink in my barn. It's on the ground beside the jeep. Oh did I not tell you I have a jeep in my barn? I tell you those humans are taking over.

But let me tell you what I know about that kitchen sink. Apparently it is the human girls favorite sink but it's no good anymore. The human man is trying to get a replacement for it
.

He was sent to 'look' at one and report back. He bought it. 'Stupid sink. Less than 6 inches deep, not very big but the main thing is that it is not square!! NO it is not. It is rounded at the bottom. Sinks are not round, Lavatory's are round at the bottom!' That is what I heard the human girl saying as she stood looking into the back of the truck.

The next day she was telling me about that new sink. She said she is trying to be nice since he installed it and repiped all by himself. But a yellow tupperware strainer will not even work in the silly thing.

Now two weeks later she is done being nice. She was out here four times the day before yesterday measuring her old sink and mumbling.

She told the human man to either get her a new sink or a new dog! Can't wash his stupid dog in it because as little as she is she is too big for it she said. She had him standing out here in my barn looking at her old sink while she talked to him.

She gave him a cutting board. Plastic cutting mat really. Told him 'this has to fit in the bottom of the sink flat'. She showed him how it fit into the bottom of the old sink flat. Off he went. He could get a farm house sink, one with two different size sinks or a normal one as long as that cutting mat fit flat in the bottom.

He came home with another new kitchen sink. First one cost him 99 dollars faucet included, this one 88 dollars no faucet. Oh so proud of himself he announced 'This one is 8 inches deep!' Puffed up chest like a turkey proud he was. 'Oh that's great honey does the cutting mat fit flat in it?' the human girl asked him ever so nicely. 'huh?' was the noise that came out of the human man right before he said again 'It is 8 inches deep!' By now he is looking more like a peacock than a turkey but he was still thinking he had done a wonderful thing and he was rubbing my neck the whole time telling me to look at how shiny that new sink was.

The cutting mat does not fit flat in the bottom of it. He had the cutting mat with it but seemed to have forgotten the part about it supposed to be laying flat in the bottom of that sink. You would think that the human man would know that when that human girl tells us to do something we are supposed to do what she said for us to do not what we want to do sort of like what she told us to do.

I started backing up. This was not looking good for the human man. He backed up a little too. My horse, The Pretty Boy, had already left the area.

The human girl said to the man 'Go get the dog. If she fits in it I'll keep it.' She fit.

Whew that was a little scary there for minute. I still don't know why that human man didn't get what he was supposed to get. The human girl showed him exactly what he needed to get. But she was pretty nice to him like she is to us most of the time. I don't know if it was because he looked so proud of himself or she figured out that he had tried the best he could.

No comments: